UNITED WAY OF TARRANT COUNTY NAMES MARK G. NURDIN CHAIR OF 2017-2018 CAMPAIGN
Mark G. Nurdin, President and CEO of the Fort Worth Region for Bank of Texas and Immediate Past Chairman of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, has been named 2017-2018 Campaign Chair of the United Way of Tarrant County. As Chair, he will champion the volunteers who raise funds at hundreds of businesses to support the health and human service work of United Way and its partner agencies.
“The work of and funds raised by the United Way of Tarrant County are key to tackling some of our community’s most pressing issues. The United Way knows that when a community bands together, we can improve the quality of life for our residents, especially those who need help the most,” Nurdin says. “It’s a huge honor to be entrusted with this position and I am looking forward to enacting some significant changes to propel our efforts forward.”
Nurdin, a banking veteran with over 30 years of experience, has been a stronghold in the Fort Worth financial market, having held various positions within the commercial banking and wealth management industries. Nurdin has been with Bank of Texas since 2009 and is actively involved in the community. He is a member of the United Way of Tarrant County Board of Directors and a member of its Executive Committee. Nurdin is also a member of the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show Board of Directors, the Fort Worth Sister Cities Advisory Board and the Rotary Club of Fort Worth.
Joining Nurdin are Co-Chairs from different industries, including:
- Marianne Auld, Managing Partner, Kelly Hart & Hallman LLP
- Daniel E. Berce, President and Chief Executive Officer, GM Financial
- Lillie Biggins, R.N., FACHE, President, Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth
- Jonathan Black, Wealth Management Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Eugene V. Giovannini, Ed.D., Chancellor, Tarrant County College
- Melinda Johnston, Managing Director and Senior Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Rosa Navajar, President, The Rios Group, Inc.
- Todd Ritterbusch, Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase
- Mark Upton, President, UAW Local 218
Each year, United Way and its partners help over 300,000 people each year. By taking on challenges that many others shy away from, United Way of Tarrant County will continue to be a community leader in making immediate and lasting change in our community.